Pramod Pandey, Ph.D.
Assistant Specialist CE (microbiological waste)/Faculty
Department of Population Health and Reproduction
University of California at Davis, CA
Phone: 530-752-0615 (office), 530-219-6286 (work cell)
or contact to: email@example.com
My research and extension plan at University of California, Davis is to derive engineering solutions (involving veterinarians, engineers, specialist, farm managers, and dairy farmers) for controlling microbial pathogens from animal waste.
I use basics of hydrology, fluid and sediment transport, climate, and behaviors of bacteria at different environmental conditions to understand pathogenic bacteria transport from farms to ambient water.
Non-Point Source Pollution
- Pathogenic bacteria transport from dairy and poultry industry
- In-stream bacteria modeling
- In-activation of indicator organisms in anaerobic and aerobic conditions
- Understanding microbial community in animal waste treatment process
- Watershed-scale modeling (Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT)
- Watershed indexes for water quality prediction using Geographic Information System
Water Resource Management
- Farm-scale rainwater harvesting modeling
- On-farm reservoir modeling
- Supplemental irrigation
- Aquaculture – agriculture integrated farming